Scratch By Sarah - Custom Bakery & Cupcakery
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I place an order?
My Business Facebook Page - please make sure you answer the questions that pop up so I can best help you!
Email: [email protected]
My Contact page on this website!
You are welcome to call me to discuss orders or ideas! When we are finished I will ask that we put your order down in writing through one of these methods, and then an invoice will follow.
Do I have to pay a deposit? Orders totaling $40.00 or less, or are within 10 days are due in full to secure your date and order. All other orders do require a 50% down deposit to secure your date and order. I cannot hold dates. The remaining balance is due 2 days before your order is to be completed. Invoices are emailed and can be paid online via any major credit card or PayPal.
- Why do I have to pay a deposit? Your deposit is often used to purchase supplies and ingredients needed for your custom scratch made order. It also guarantees your date, as I only take a limited amount of orders.
- Is everything really made from scratch? Absolutely - with the exception of the obvious such as adding an Oreo cookie to your cupcakes etc, everything I make is from scratch. (I wish I knew the recipe for Oreos though...) Cakes, fillings, icings, drizzles, and décor whenever possible!
- How early do I need to book? It's never too early! The earlier you book, the more likely it is that I can help you for the date you need. I only take a limited amount of orders to maintain the high quality my customers expect. I'm really sorry if I have to turn you down, but I hope you'll keep me in mind for the next time!
- How can you be booked up? Yes, I really do get this question! I HATE HATE HATE to turn people down. I'm so sorry if you've been one of them in the past! I only take a limited amount of orders to ensure each customer gets the highest quality, most delicious and super cool looking dessert. I am also the baker, order taker, dish washer, supply runner, grocery getter and delivery driver. One woman show over here - but looking for volunteers to wash dishes ;)
- Do you have a menu? Nope! No limits! (ok, some limits, but just the state mandated ones...) I can make suggestions, tell you about popular flavors or help you develop exactly what you're wanting. If you want a purple vanilla cupcake with strawberry filling, lemon icing that's blue and gold sprinkles - I GOT YOU : - )
- Is there anything you don't offer? There are just a few things - one being fondant. I am strictly a buttercream artist. Delicious....delicious buttercream. I have a 2 tier max on cakes. I can't do anything that requires refrigeration (state law!) If you'd like alcohol on your dessert, you can provide me with mini bottles or the likes for decor, but I cannot add it into the baked good or the icing (sorry, another state law....).
- Is there a minimum order? Cupcakes are a 1 dozen minimum. The smallest cake you can order is a 6" 2 layer (typically a smash cake). My smallest sheet cake is 9"x13". Cookies are by the dozen.
- Do you offer delivery? I sure do! Delivery is offered whenever my schedule allows it, and must be requested and scheduled at the time of your order. There is an additional fee for delivery.